We Care About You
Already a member? Click here to see your benefits, find doctors and health care providers, learn even more about CHIP and STAR health insurance programs and more! We have many primary care physicians (PCPs) to choose from and our network providers care for the whole family, not just children.
Our goal is to help people who are eligible for government-funded health insurance programs such as Medicaid and the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP), get quality medical care.
This Web site will help you learn more about the Cook Children's Health Plan as well as the CHIP and STAR programs.
- If you have questions, comments or even a complaint, call Member Services at 1-800-964-2247. We look forward to being your health plan for years to come!
- We can help you schedule your Texas Health Steps Medical Checkups! Texas Health Steps checkups are important. Your child should have regular checkups, even if they have not been sick. Call 1-800-964-2247 or 682-885-2247.
- Did you know we offer translation services to our members who need it? There is no cost for translation services. If you need any of our information in another format you can call Member Services at 1-800-964-2247. We are here to help you!
We have staff that speaks English and Spanish. We can also help you if you need help understanding or reading your member handbook because you:
- Have a hard time reading and need the handbook in larger print, Braille, or audio
- Speak a language other than English or Spanish
You can call the Member Services Department to get help at 1-800-964-2247. If you are hearing impaired and need to contact CCHP, please call 682-885-2138 or toll-free at 1-844-644-4137.
Do you need a dentist? Then we have exciting news!
Cook Children's has a new clinic located at 2600 East Berry Street, Fort Worth, TX.
This new clinic provides dental services for children 6 months to 18 years old. Accepting CHIP & Medicaid (STAR).
The dental staff can provide exams, digital x-rays, cleanings, fluoride treatments, fillings, crowns, root canals, and provide patient education. Please call today to schedule your child's appointment at: 817-347-4600.
Free nurse advice line.
Cook Children's Health Plan offers a free nurse advice line. Members can have their health questions answered 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
To speak to a nurse, call 1-866-971-COOK (2665).
Need a ride to the doctor's office?
If you have Medicaid and need a ride to the doctor's office, the Medical Transportation Program (MTP) can help you. Call the MTP toll-free Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. in your area:
Dallas/Fort Worth: 1-855-687-3255
All other areas: 1-877-633-8747
Teletypewriter (TTY): 1-866-288-3133