Value Added Services for STAR Members
The following *services are available to STAR Members at no cost for the dates or September 1, 2015 to August 31, 2016:
- 24 hour nurse line
- Up to $250 for basic and major dental services for women enrolled in the PREG Medicaid (TP40) and enrolled in the CCHP Baby Steps Program
- $25 Walmart Gift Card as repayment for FDA approved over-the-counter medicines and first aid supplies for each member once per year
- Up to $100 per program per pregnancy childbirth, Lamaze, and breastfeeding classes
- One time 500 extra minutes per pregnancy for pregnant members in CCHP Case Management who are in the Federal Lifeline Program
- $125 for eyeglass frames/lenses or $75 for contact lenses/fitting fees
- One $50 Walmart gift card for diapers for pregnant members who complete 10 prenatal visits and 1 postpartum visit 3 to 6 weeks after delivery
- One asthma education class per year provided by Cook Children’s Medical Center
- Weight Watchers Program for members ages 10 and older
- Boys & Girls Club basic membership per family where available for members ages 6 through 18
- One Baby Basics book for all pregnant members enrolled in the CCHP Baby Steps Program
- One $15 Walmart gift card for members ages 3 to 20 who complete an annual Texas Health Steps well visit
- One $25 Walmart gift card after each inpatient mental health stay for which a 7-day follow-up visit occurred.
* There are limits to some of these benefits. To learn what they are, call Member Services at 1-800-964-2247.