Value Added Services for STAR Kids Members
The following *services are available to STAR Kids Members at no cost for the dates or September 1, 2017 to August 31, 2018.There are some limits to these benefits. Please call us at 1-844-843-0004 to find out what they are.
8 hours of respite care for members not receiving 24 hrs/day private duty nursing.
One school/sports physical per calendar year for children under the age of 18.
Prepared Childbirth Classes
Up to $100 for prepared childbirth, Lamaze or breastfeeding classes per pregnancy. Classes may be online or in-person. Must use a CCHP Hospital for in-person classes.
Baby Steps Book
A Baby Basics book for pregnant members upon enrollment in the CCHP Baby Steps Program
Extra Vision Services
Up to $125 for prescription eyeglasses (frames and lenses) or $75 towards contact lenses/fitting fees
Boys & Girls Club
A basic membership for children 6 to 18 years of age to the Boys & Girls Club where available.
Short-term Phone Help
300 voice/call minutes, 500 MG, and unlimited text messages per month through Voxiva Inc.
Generic over-the-counter tobacco cessation products up to $50 per month per parent of a child with asthma or bronchopulmonary dysplasia (BPD) for up to six continuous months per 12-month period.
Special Health Care Needs (SHCN) Camps
Up to $100 in reimbursement per Member per year towards the enrollment cost of a camp for children
with special health care needs
Health and Wellness Program
A Health and Wellness Program for Members that are ages 10 to 17 and are diagnosed with obesity (BMI 95% for age). Limits apply
Weight Watchers classes for Members that are ages 18 and older and suffer from obesity (BMI≥30). Limits apply.
- A $50 Walmart gift card for diapers per pregnancy for Members who complete A prenatal visit with an approved provider during the first trimester of pregnancy or within 42
days of enrollment in CCHP
- A $50 Walmart gift card for diapers per pregnancy for Members who complete A post-partum visit with an approved provider 21 to 56 days after delivery
- A $25 Walmart gift card for children Ages 2 to 21 who complete an annual Texas Healths Steps exam within 90 days before or after the child’s birthday
- A $25 Walmart gift card for children inpatient mental health stay for which a 7-day follow up visit occurred
- A $15 Walmart gift card per member for each Texas Health Steps exam completed on or within 45 days after the child reaches 2 weeks, 2 months, 4 months, 6 months, 9 months, 12 months, 15 months, or 18 months of age.
* There are limits to some of these benefits. To learn what they are, call our Customer Care Department at 1-844-843-0004.