How to Apply
See if you qualify.
Fill out an application.
- Online at yourtexasbenefits.com
- Come to our application assistance events
- Call 1-800-964-2247 and we will help with your application.
Once you qualify, the Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) will mail you a welcome packet. Your packet will tell you about the health plans and doctors available in your area.
How to join Cook Children's Health Plan.
Once you are eligible, the enrollment broker will send you an enrollment packet.
- Fill out the packet and write "Cook Children's Health Plan" as your health plan.
- Pick a Primary Care Provider (PCP) for your child(ren).
You can also call the enrollment broker Monday through Friday from 8 a.m.–5 p.m. to let them know of your choices at:
CHIP & STAR
Important: If you do not pick a health plan or PCP, the enrollment broker will pick one for you!
If you have any questions, you can call Member Services Monday through Friday from 8 a.m.–5 p.m. at:
Toll Free: 1-800-964-2247
Toll Free TTY/TDD: 1-800-735-2988