Appointment Accessibility and Monitoring Access
Cook Children's Health Plan must ensure that the following standards for appointment accessibility are met. The standards are measured from the date of presentation or request, whichever occurs first. The following further explains the requirements that were set forth by the state:
- Access standards for behavioral health providers
- Access standards for case management for children and pregnant women providers
- Access standards for ltss providers
- Access standards for obgyn providers
- Access standards for primary care providers
- Access standards for specialty care providers
- Access standards for therapy providers
Reportable events (also known as Critical Incidents) are incidents or outcomes involving Cook Children’s Health Plan (CCHP) Members seeking or receiving services from in-network Providers that may require further analysis. They also include events that occur during a patient’s transition to home or an alternative level of care. Tracking of reportable events is a contractual requirement for our Providers, so it is important to report an occurrence promptly.
Notification to CCHP that a reportable event has taken place must be documented on a the Reportable Event Form. The form must be sent to the Quality Improvement Department via email to CCHPQualityImprovement@cookchildrens.org or by facsimile to 682-885-8494 as soon as reasonably possible, but ideally within one business day of the date you became aware of the event. Written supplemental notes or a copy of clinical records may be requested.