Healthy Texas Women
The Healthy Texas Women (HTW) program offers women's health and family planning services at no cost to eligible, low-income women. These services help you plan your family, whether it is to achieve, postpone or prevent pregnancy. They also can have a positive effect on your future pregnancy planning and general health.
The Healthy Texas Women program offers women's health and family planning services at no cost to eligible, low-income women. These services help women plan their families, whether it is to achieve, postpone or prevent pregnancy. They also can have a positive effect on future pregnancy planning and general health.
HTW currently provides a wide variety of women’s health and core family planning services, including:
- Pregnancy testing
- Pelvic examinations
- Sexually transmitted infection services, including HIV screening
- Breast and cervical cancer screenings, including clinical breast examination and mammograms
- Screening and treatment for cholesterol, diabetes and high blood pressure
- HIV screening
- Family planning services, including: long-acting reversible contraceptives; oral contraceptive pills; permanent sterilization; and other contraceptive methods such as condoms, diaphragm, vaginal spermicide, and injections
- Screening and pharmaceutical treatment for postpartum depression
HTW Plus benefits
The HTW program has developed an enhanced postpartum care service package for women enrolled in the HTW program called HTW Plus. To qualify for HTW Plus benefits, HTW clients must have been pregnant within the last 12 months.
HTW Plus services will focus on treating major health conditions recognized as contributing to maternal morbidity and mortality in Texas, including:
- Postpartum depression and other mental health conditions (services include individual, family and group psychotherapy services and peer specialist services).
- Cardiovascular and coronary conditions (services include imaging studies; blood pressure monitoring; and anticoagulant, antiplatelet and antihypertensive medications).
- Substance use disorders, including drug, alcohol and tobacco misuse (services include screenings, brief interventions, treatment referrals, outpatient substance use counseling, smoking cessation services, medication-assisted treatment and peer specialist services).
Healthy Texas Women programs
The Healthy Texas Women program offers the following healthcare programs: