Behavioral Health Education
Cook Children’s Health Plan promotes whole person care and understands the importance of an individual’s physical and mental health. Mental Health is a part of our daily living and directly impacts how we feel, act, decisions we make and how we relate to others (Source, National Institute of Mental Health).
Education and awareness is important in addressing the stigmas associated with mental health and promoting overall growth. Below you will find general information that you might find helpful regarding mental health.
Experiencing a Crisis
If you are experiencing a life-threatening emergency, please contact 9-1-1.
If you are experiencing a behavioral health crisis you can call our Behavioral Health Crisis Line at 1-833-391-3733, this hotline is available 24 hours a day 7 days a week 365 days a year.
- Anxiety Disorders: Symptoms, Types, and Treatments (psychcentral.com)
- Managing Anxiety in the Classroom | Mental Health America (mhanational.org)
- Anxiety In The Classroom | School Anxiety | Free Resources
- NIMH » Perinatal Depression (nih.gov)
- Pregnancy and Postpartum Disorders | Mental Health America (mhanational.org)
- Postpartum depression - Symptoms and causes - Mayo Clinic
- Depression during pregnancy: You're not alone - Mayo Clinic
- Postpartum Depression: Symptoms, Causes, and Treatment (psychcentral.com)
- Postpartum Depression: 6 Myths (psychcentral.com)
- Drug addiction (substance use disorder) - Symptoms and causes - Mayo Clinic
- Addiction/Substance Use Disorder | Mental Health America (mhanational.org)
- NIMH » Substance Use and Co-Occurring Mental Disorders (nih.gov)
- Substance Use Disorder and Addiction: Symptoms, Treatment & Resources (psychcentral.com)
- Symptoms of Substance Use Disorders | Psych Central
- Opioid Use Disorder Symptoms | Psych Central
- Teen Substance Use: Symptoms, Risk Factors, Resources | Psych Central