As a CHIP Member you will get the following benefits:
- Choice of doctors
- Regular checkups and office visits
- Eye exams and glasses
- Prescription drugs and medical supplies
- Mental health care
- Hospital care and services
- X-rays, and lab tests
- Pregnancy coverage
As a Cook Children's Health Plan Member, you are also eligible for these Value Added Services:
- Up to $100 per year for CHIP Members with an asthma diagnosis and enrolled in the Asthma Disease Management program for:
- Pest control.
- Pillow covers/mattress covers.
- Vent cleaning.
- Deep carpet cleaning.
- One peak flow meter and holding chamber or spacer.
- $100 towards a Hepafilter Vacuum for Members with a moderate to severe asthma diagnosis. Member must be enrolled in Asthma Disease Management Program.
One school/sports physical in addition to a well checkup per calendar year for children ages 3-18 with any participating Cook Children’s Health Plan provider.
$125 for prescription eyeglasses (frames and lenses) or $100 for contact lenses and contact lenses fitting fees per year.
- One $25 gift card for members age 2-19 who complete an annual well-visit.
- $120 total reward for members who complete a well visit at 2 weeks, 2 months, 4 months, 6 months, 9 months, 12 months, 15 months, and 18 months of age. (Up to 8 visits at $15 gift card for each visit, maximum $120).
- $25 gift card for Members ages 9-13 years old who get the HPV vaccine.
- Up to $40 for a one-time GED testing fee for members 17yrs and over.
- A (one-time) bathtub kneeling pad per household for members ages 3 months to 3 years to prevent drowning during bath time.
Please sign up and login to our MyCookChildren's Member Portal to access the forms for each of these incentives below.
- Additional riders if the Member or LAR cannot make other arrangements.
- Four (4) coordinated rides per year (one round trip per quarter) to appointments at WIC offices, Member Advisory Group meetings, GED classes or continued education, Community Resource Centers for food, clothing, TX Workforce Commission and other types of assistance.
- Cook Children’s Health Plan Members are eligible to receive up to 15% discount on over-the-counter products purchased at Cook Children’s Pharmacy.
- Up to 80% discount on prescription medications for family members who do not have Medicaid or CHIP, upon request.
- Discount coupons for over the counter products for all new Members included in their new Member Welcome Packets.
- Poison Prevention class for Parents or Guardians.
- Water Safety course for drowning prevention.
- $25 gift card per year for Members 13 years and over who enroll in a tobacco cessation program and a $25 gift card for completing the program.
- Access to a Community Resource Link (Aunt Bertha) for help connecting to resources for food, housing, employment, and other community resources.
- Access to the Boys and Girls club where available, at no cost to Members 6 to 18 years of age.
- $25 gift card for Members 13 years of age and older who have a diagnosis of Alcohol or Drug Abuse (AOD) or dependency and receive treatment through an inpatient AOD admission, outpatient visits, intensive outpatient encounter or partial hospitalization, within 14 days of diagnosis. One gift card per year.
- $25 gift card for Members who complete a follow-up visit with their Behavioral Health Provider within 7 days of leaving the Behavioral Health Facility.
- $25 gift card one-time for Members ages 6-12 years and newly diagnosed with ADHD who follow up with a practitioner within 30 days after receiving the new medication.
- Online social services resource directory (Aunt Bertha) to locate community supports such as food and nutrition, housing, education, and employment services.
Reimbursement for up to $25 per quarter for additional data for Members who qualify for the federal lifeline program.
- $25 gift card (up to $100) for pregnant women for attending their first prenatal visit within 1st trimester or 42 days of enrollment, then for attending the 3rd, 6th, and 9th prenatal visits.
- $50 gift card per pregnancy for postnatal members who complete a post-partum visit with an approved provider between 7-84 days after delivery.
- Up to $100 for prepared childbirth, breast-feeding or parenting classes per pregnancy with an approved provider.
- Safe Baby Sleep class through Safe Kids Program.
- Free car seat checkups for first time mothers and for Members under the age of 12.
- One (1) Baby Basics Book for all pregnant members enrolled in the Cook Children’s Health Plan Baby Steps Program.
We're here to help
For more information about these services, call our Member Services Department at 1-800-964-2247.