As a STAR Medicaid Member you will get the following benefits:
- Choice of doctors
- Regular checkups and office visits
- Choice of specialists
- Dentist visits, cleanings and fillings (under the age of 21)
- Eye exams and glasses
- Regular checkups and office visits
- Prescription drugs and medical supplies
- Access to medical specialists and mental health care
- Hospital care and services
- X-rays and lab tests
- Treatment of special health needs
- Treatment of pre-existing conditions
- Services for pregnant moms
As a Cook Children’s Health Plan Member, you are also eligible for these Value Added Services:
You can talk to a nurse 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. They can answer questions or help you decide what to do about your health needs. Call 1-866-971-2665.
- $25 gift card for members ages 2-21 who complete an annual Texas Health Steps checkup.
- $120 total reward for members who complete a Texas Health Steps check up on or within 45 days after the child reaches 2 weeks, 2 months, 4 months, 6 months, 9 months, 12 months, 15 months, and 18 months of age. (Up to 8 visits at $15 gift card for each visit, maximum $120).
- $25 gift card for Members ages 9-13 years old who get the HPV vaccine.
- Up to $40 for a one-time GED testing fee for members 17yrs and over.
- $150 total gift card reward per year for members ages 18 and over with a diagnosis of diabetes who complete the following:
- Diabetes Health Risk Assessment
- Having Hemoglobin A1c tested
- Hemoglobin A1c<8%
- Urine Protein test
- Maintaining blood pressure of <140/90
- Retinal eye exam
- A (one-time) bathtub kneeling pad per household for members ages 3 months to 3 years to prevent drowning during bath time.
Please sign up and login to our MyCookChildren's Member Portal to access the forms for each of these incentives below.
$125 for prescription eyeglasses (frames and lenses) or $100 for contact lenses and contact lenses fitting fees per year.
One additional school/sports physical in addition to a Texas Health Steps checkup per calendar year to enrolled members ages 3-18.
- Additional riders if the Member or LAR cannot make other arrangements.
- Four (4) coordinated rides per year (one round trip per quarter) to appointments at WIC offices, Member Advisory Group meetings, GED classes or continued education, Community Resource Centers for food, clothing, TX Workforce Commission and other types of assistance.
Reimbursement for up to $25 per quarter for additional data for Members who qualify for the federal lifeline program.
- Up to $100 per year for STAR Members with an asthma diagnosis and enrolled in the Asthma Disease Management program for:
- Pest control.
- Pillow covers/mattress covers.
- Vent cleaning.
- Deep carpet cleaning.
- One peak flow meter and holding chamber or spacer.
- $100 towards a Hepafilter Vacuum for Members with a moderate to severe asthma diagnosis. Member must be enrolled in Asthma Disease Management Program.
- Healthy eating classes for Adults on the STAR Program who have Type I or Type II diabetes.
Please click here to register for the “Living with Diabetes” class.
- Poison Prevention class for Parents or Guardians.
- Water Safety course for drowning prevention.
- $25 gift card per year for Members 13 years and over who enroll in a tobacco cessation program and a $25 gift card for completing the program.
- Access to a Community Resource Link (Aunt Bertha) for help connecting to resources for food, housing, employment, and other community resources.
- Access to the Boys and Girls club where available, at no cost to Members 6 to 21 years of age.
- $25 gift card gynecological visit for females 16 years and older who had a cervical cytology, cervical high risk human papilloma virus (hrHPV) testing, cervical cytology/hrHPV cotesting, or chlamydia screening.
- Discount coupons for over the counter products for all new Members included in their new Member Welcome Packets.
- Up to 80% discount on prescription medications for family members who do not have Medicaid or CHIP, upon request.
- Cook Children’s Health Plan Members are eligible to receive up to 15% discount on over-the-counter products purchased at Cook Children’s Pharmacy.
- $25 gift card (up to $100) for pregnant women for attending their first prenatal visit within 1st trimester or 42 days of enrollment, then for attending the 3rd, 6th, and 9th prenatal visits.
- $50 gift card per pregnancy for postnatal members who complete a post-partum visit with an approved provider between 7-84 days after delivery.
- Oral Health classes for Pregnant STAR Members 21 yrs of age and older.
- Free car seat checkups for first time mothers and for Members under the age of 12.
- Safe Baby Sleep class through Safe Kids Program.
- Up to $100 for prepared childbirth, breast-feeding or parenting classes per pregnancy with an approved provider.
- STAR Pregnant women are eligible to receive a $30 gift card per household for over-the-counter products every six months, upon request.
- One (1) Baby Basics Book for all pregnant members enrolled in the Cook Children’s Health Plan Baby Steps Program.
- Up to $350 for basic and major dental services for women enrolled in PREG Medicaid (TP40) and in the Cook Children’s Health Plan Baby Steps Program. Does not cover orthodontia or cosmetic services. For members ages 21 and older.
- $25 gift card for Members 13 years of age and older who have a diagnosis of Alcohol or Drug Abuse (AOD) or dependency and receive treatment through an inpatient AOD admission, outpatient visits, intensive outpatient encounter or partial hospitalization, within 14 days of diagnosis. One gift card per year.
- $25 gift card for Members who complete a follow-up visit with their Behavioral Health Provider within 7 days of leaving the Behavioral Health Facility.
- $25 gift card one-time for Members ages 6-12 years and newly diagnosed with ADHD who follow up with a practitioner within 30 days after receiving the new medication.
- Online social services resource directory (Aunt Bertha) to locate community supports such as food and nutrition, housing, education, and employment services.
There are some limits to these Value Added Services. Please call Member Services to find out what they are.
Medical Transportation Program
As a Medicaid Member if you need a ride to a doctor's appointment, Access2Care can provide you with cost-effective means of transportation.
- Contact them at least 48 hours before your doctor visit. You can call Ride Setup, Reservations at 1-844-572-8195 (toll free), Monday to Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- If you are under 18, you may need to travel with an adult.
If you want to file a complaint please call Ride Assist, Complaints at 1-844-572-8195 (toll free), 24/7 and TTY: 7-1-1 (toll free), 24/7.
Migrant Farm Workers
A migrant worker is a person who works on farms, in fields or as a food packer during certain times of the year. Migrant workers move to different places to follow the crops.
Cook Children's Health Plan would like to help any Member that is a migrant worker. You can get your Texas Health Steps checkup before it is due if you are leaving the area for work. Please let us know if you are a migrant farm worker family.
We're here to help
Cook Children's Health Plan can also help you get the health care services you need. Please call Member Services at 1-800-964-2247 for help with these benefits.