Baby Steps Program
Our Baby Steps program offers information and special benefits to Cook Children's Health Plan Members who are pregnant. We want to help our Members have a healthy pregnancy and baby.
As a Member of our Baby Steps program you can receive:
- Pregnancy and newborn information (English, Spanish or other languages) mailed to your home.
- A free book, Baby Basics from the authors of What to Expect When You're Expecting.
- Phone help from nurses trained in women's and children's health care.
- Information about programs (WIC services, childbirth and parenting classes).
- Help with rides to medical appointments.
There are also other organizations that can help you during your pregnancy.
- March of Dimes- Before Pregnancy
- March of Dimes- Getting Ready for Pregnancy
- Text4Baby (free text4baby app for iPhone on the Apple App Store and Android app on Google play)
- La Leche League of Texas (find local support)
- Breastmilk – Every Ounce Counts
- La Leche Materna – Cada Onza Cuenta
United States Department of Agriculture – Nutrition.gov
United States Department of Agriculture:
We're here to help
If you want more information about the program, or if you need help, please call 1-682-885-2252 or 1-800-862-2247.