The CHIP Perinate program is available to women who are not eligible for Medicaid and who have household income up to 202 percent of the federal poverty income level (FPIL). Once born, your child will receive Medicaid or CHIP benefits, depending on your income.
Your unborn child would be eligible if you:
- Have a household income greater than 198 percent of the federal poverty level (FPL) and at or below 202 percent of the FPL.
- Have a household income at or below 202 percent of the FPL, but do not qualify for Medicaid because of immigration status.
Women who are U.S. citizens or qualified immigrants with household income at or below 198 percent of the FPL may be eligible for coverage under Medicaid's Pregnant Women program.
As a Cook Children’s Health Plan Member, you are also eligible for these Value Added Services:
- Up to $350 for basic and major dental services for CHIP Perinate members enrolled in the Cook Children’s Health Plan Baby Steps Program. Does not cover orthodontia or cosmetic services.
- Oral Health classes for CHIP Perinatal Members 21 years of age and older.
- $25 gift card (up to $100) for pregnant women for attending their first prenatal visit within 1st trimester or 42 days of enrollment, then for attending the 3rd, 6th, and 9th prenatal visits.
- A $50 gift card per pregnancy for postnatal members who complete a post-partum visit with an approved provider between 7-84 days after delivery.
- Up to $40 for a one-time GED testing fee for members 17yrs and over.
- Access to a Community Resource Link (Aunt Bertha) for help connecting to resources for food, housing, employment, and other community resources.
- $25 gift card per year for Members 13 years and over who enroll in a tobacco cessation program and a $25 gift card for completing the program.
- Poison Prevention class for Parents or Guardians.
- Up to $100 per year for CHIP Members with an asthma diagnosis and enrolled in the Asthma Disease Management program for:
- Pest control.
- Pillow covers/mattress covers.
- Vent cleaning.
- Deep carpet cleaning.
- One peak flow meter and holding chamber or spacer.
- $100 towards a Hepafilter Vacuum for Members with a moderate to severe asthma diagnosis. Member must be enrolled in Asthma Disease Management Program.
Reimbursement for up to $25 per quarter for additional data for Members who qualify for the federal lifeline program.
- Additional riders if the Member or LAR cannot make other arrangements.
- Four (4) coordinated rides per year (one round trip per quarter) to appointments at WIC offices, Member Advisory Group meetings, GED classes or continued education, Community Resource Centers for food, clothing, TX Workforce Commission and other types of assistance.
- Up to $100 for prepared childbirth, breast-feeding or parenting classes per pregnancy with an approved provider.
- Safe Baby Sleep class through Safe Kids Program.
- Free car seat checkups for first time mothers and for Members under the age of 12.
- One (1) Baby Basics Book for all pregnant members enrolled in the Cook Children’s Health Plan Baby Steps Program.
- Up to 80% discount on prescription medications for family members who do not have Medicaid or CHIP, upon request.
- Discount coupons for over the counter products for all new Members included in their new Member Welcome Packets.
- CHIP Perinate members are eligible to receive a $30 gift card per household for over-the-counter products every six months, upon request.
There are some limits to these Value Added Services. Please call Member Services to find out what they are.
To find information on your benefits and services, read your Member handbook:
Please let us know if you would like a hard copy of the member handbook mailed to you. Call our Member Services department at 1-800-964-2247 to request one. A handbook will be mailed within 5 business days, at no charge.