STAR Kids Benefits
As a STAR Kids Member you will get the following benefits:
- Choice of doctors
- Regular checkups and office visits
- Eye exams and glasses
- Prescription drugs and medical supplies
- Access to medical specialists and mental health care
- Hospital care and services
- X-rays and lab tests
- Services for pregnant moms
- Personal Care Services (PCS)
- Private Duty Nursing (PDN)
- Community First Choice (CFC)
- Durable Medical Equipment (DME)
As a Cook Children’s Health Plan Member, you are also eligible for these Value Added Services:
$125 for prescription eyeglasses (frames and lenses) or $100 for contact lenses and contact lenses fitting fees per year.
One additional school/sports physical in addition to a Texas Health Steps checkup per calendar year to enrolled members ages 3-18.
- $25 gift card for members ages 2-21 who complete an annual Texas Health Steps checkup.
- $120 total reward for members who complete a Texas Health Steps check up on or within 45 days after the child reaches 2 weeks, 2 months, 4 months, 6 months, 9 months, 12 months, 15 months, and 18 months of age. (Up to 8 visits at $15 gift card for each visit, maximum $120).
- $25 gift card for Members ages 9-13 years old who get the HPV vaccine.
- Up to $40 for a one-time GED testing fee for members 17yrs and over.
- A (one-time) bathtub kneeling pad per household for members ages 3 months to 3 years to prevent drowning during bath time
- Additional riders if the Member or LAR cannot make other arrangements.
- Four (4) coordinated rides per year (one round trip per quarter) to appointments at WIC offices, Member Advisory Group meetings, GED classes or continued education, Community Resource Centers for food, clothing, TX Workforce Commission and other types of assistance.
- Up to $100 per year for STAR Kids Members with an asthma diagnosis and enrolled in the Asthma Disease Management program for:
- Pest control.
- Pillow covers/mattress covers.
- Vent cleaning.
- Deep carpet cleaning.
- One peak flow meter and holding chamber or spacer.
- Discount coupons for over the counter products for all new Members included in their new Member Welcome Packets.
- Up to 80% discount on prescription medications for family members who do not have Medicaid or CHIP, upon request.
- Cook Children’s Health Plan Members are eligible to receive up to 15% discount on over-the-counter products purchased at Cook Children’s Pharmacy.
- Cook Children’s Health Plan STAR Kids members are eligible to receive a $30 gift card per household for over-the-counter products every six months, upon request.
Reimbursement for up to $25 per quarter for additional data for Members who qualify for the federal lifeline program.
Free car seat checkups for first time mothers and for Members under the age of 12.
Up to 32 hours of in-home attendant respite services per year for members getting personal care services and not already receiving MDCP/waiver respite services.
- Up to $100 reimbursement per year for Specialized Therapy such as massage, recreational, play, music, aquatic, hypnotherapy, equine, or auditory enhancement training.
- Poison Prevention class for Parents or Guardians.
- Water Safety course for drowning prevention.
- Access to a Community Resource Link (Aunt Bertha) for help connecting to resources for food, housing, employment, and other community resources.
- Up to $200 per member per enrollment year towards the enrollment of a day or night camp approved by the American Camp Association.
- Access to the Boys and Girls club where available, at no cost to Members 6 to 21 years of age. Members must be mobile.
- $25 gift card for Members 13 years of age and older who have a diagnosis of Alcohol or Drug Abuse (AOD) or dependency and receive treatment through an inpatient AOD admission, outpatient visits, intensive outpatient encounter or partial hospitalization, within 14 days of diagnosis. One gift card per year.
- $25 gift card for Members who complete a follow-up visit with their Behavioral Health Provider within 7 days of leaving the Behavioral Health Facility.
- Online social services resource directory (Aunt Bertha) to locate community supports such as food and nutrition, housing, education, and employment services.
There are some limits to these Value Added Services. Please call our Customer Care department to find out what they are.
Medical Transportation Program
As a Medicaid Member if you need a ride to a doctor's appointment, Access2Care can provide you with cost-effective means of transportation.
- Contact them at least 48 hours before your doctor visit. You can call Ride Setup, Reservations at 1-844-572-8195 (toll free), Monday to Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- If you are under 18 you may need to travel with an adult.
Migrant Farm Workers
A migrant worker is a person who works on farms, in fields or as a food packer during certain times of the year. Migrant workers move to different places to follow the crops.
Cook Children's Health Plan would like to help any Member that is a migrant worker. You can get your Texas Health Steps checkup before it is due if you are leaving the area for work. Please let us know if you are a migrant farm worker family.
We're here to help
For more information about these services, please call our Customer Care Department at 1-844-843-0004.